Incorporated in 1867 and the Village of Fairport is located on the historic Erie Canal. The very first use of the Fairport name was recorded in 1829 by a traveler who deemed it a “fair port” in which to stay. For the more than 6,000 residents and over 300 business owners, the Village of Fairport provides a quality of life and opportunity for commerce that’s unmatched by many communities of its size.
Today, the great packet boats and barges of an earlier era have been replaced by recreational boaters, canoes, kayaks, and tour boats, while the old towpath serves the leisure time interests of bikers, joggers, and walkers alike. With its quiet, tree lined streets, specialty shopping, and front porch friendliness, the Village of Fairport offers contemporary living at its very best.